Is this service right for you?
This service is suitable once your doctoral or masters thesis is complete — that is, once the thesis content and structure have been finalised. The service is provided in accordance with the IPEd Guidelines for Editing Research Theses.
What is included?
Thesis copyediting includes:
- Correcting grammar, spelling and punctuation
- Checking for clarity of expression
- Ensuring consistency in capitalisation, abbreviations, expression of numbers, etc
- Ensuring that citations and references conform to your discipline’s referencing style (eg AGLC, APA, OSCOLA)
For law theses, the service can also include preparing a table of cases and table of legislation.
Pricing is based on four factors: thesis length (word count), the referencing style (footnote or author-date), the number of figures and tables, and the level of grammar correction required (light, medium, heavy).
To request a quote, please email Lilla the following details:
- total word count, including footnotes and references
- academic discipline and referencing style
- number of figures and tables
- deadline for submission.
Please also supply a copy of your draft thesis, or a sample chapter.
How long does it take?
Copyediting a doctoral thesis (85,000 to 100,000 words) takes 2—3 weeks, while a masters thesis (approx 50,000 words) takes 1—2 weeks.
These time frames reflect the work involved in a high-quality edit. Lilla will read every word of your thesis carefully to check that it conveys its meaning clearly and grammatically, and that references and textual elements conform to your discipline’s referencing and style conventions.